New Plymouth’s original three-tier opera house, the TSB Theatre can comfortably accommodate theatre-style performances, conferences and presentations. For something a bit different, the stage offers a unique and dramatic setting for dinners and functions.
- 1925 three-tiered auditorium
- Heritage building
- See inside the TSB Theatre
- Two adjoining bars and lounges
- Stairway access to stage
- Stall, circle and gallery seating
- Box office
- Bar and 'Kandy Bar'
- Fully supported event service from technical to ticketing, ushers and marketing
- We have hosted touch and audio enhanced experiences to provide greater access to shows
- The stalls are fully accessible for guests in wheelchairs as there are four wheelchair and six carer seats. There is a lift that provides access to all levels for those with limited mobility
- There are wheelchair accessible ramps and bathrooms
- Due to steep, narrow seating and stairways we do not recommend the Gallery for guests with limited mobility
- Hearing and guide dogs are welcome
- A P2 drop-off and pick-up area is located directly in front of the venue
- We are committed to accessibility, if there is any way we can help please get in touch!
Layout and Capacity
See more detail on the layout options here.
More spacesSee all spaces
The second largest theatre in the TSB Showplace complex, the Theatre Royal is a multi-purpose 'black box' auditorium.
Theatre Royal Lounge160
With an elegant look and feel, the Theatre Royal Lounge is a sophisticated space ideal for networking functions.
This room is a perfect blank canvas for themed events, weddings, corporate functions, seminars, expos and workshops.
Bryan Robb Lounge120
The view over New Plymouth's main street and contemporary furnishings make this a popular space.
Leading on to a private balcony, the Balcony Bar provides indoor–outdoor flow overlooking the main street.
This private meeting room is ideal for boardroom meetings, training sessions, office activities and conference calls.